Oct 17, 2009

Worship - It's Not About You


"Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory!" (Isaiah 6:3).

Genuine worship begins with God, is all about God, and ends with God.

Worship is all about God.

It's so simple. It sounds so benign. But this is huge.

Because America's worship has become too much about my pains, my shortcomings, my failures, my limitations, my dysfunctions, my needs. And because we've centered so much on "me", we've become a culture that worships "me".

And because our worship is "me" focused, we are stuck with "me".

The tragedy of this is only worshiping God - his character, his nature, his power, his love, his mercy, his grace, his omnipotence, his faithfulness, etc. - will free us and change us.

You've got pains, hurts, needs, shortcomings, failures, etc.? God can change that. God can make a difference. God can make you new.

But in order for that to happen, we've got to get God focused.

Get your focus off you and start focusing on God.

"Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty!!!"

No comments: