Leonard Sweet and Frank Viola write:
"Three features are present in every awakening in the history of the Christian church:
- a rediscovery of the "living Word," or the Scriptures and its authority;
- a rediscovery of the living Christ and His Supremacy; and
- a rediscovery of the living Spirit and the Spirit's gifts and power to manifest Christ in the context of that culture.
"God has a history of taking seriously people who take the eternal Word seriously."
Preached a sermon this past Sunday where I shared with the congregation that the four pillars of vital congregations are:
- the church is unabashedly Christocentric
- the church is obedient to God's Word
- the church is missionally focused
- the church is undergirded by prayer
These are describing the church we want to become at The Little Church on the Prairie. I pray that this describes your church as well.
Read it. Get this book. Read it.